Seminar Colour as a strategy in design
Colours influence the impression of a product. They emphasise functions, shape sensual expectations and tell stories. Integrated colour and surface concepts help to position products, as well as to diversify or specifically address user groups.
This seminar creates awareness for the importance of integrated colour design in the area of consumer goods and packaging, as well as providing basic colour strategies for design purposes.
Content of the seminar
- Levels of meaning for colours
- Colour as sensual perception
- Colours as a cultural phenomenon
- Colours as optical functions
- Colour as a code and sign
- Colour and trends
- Colour in the design process
- Colour, market and target group
- Colour strategies and application
- Learning about the current state of practical research in colour sociology and colour psychology and linking it to design practice
- Understanding the effect of colours on human senses
- Understanding the levels of communication offered by colours and being able to differentiate between and systematically apply them
- Learning to analyse and evaluate colour profiles
- Talk, exercises, analysis, discussion
Who should attend?
Interested parties from the area of product and communication design, as well as creative trades
1 x 8 sessions, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Timo Rieke, Dipl.-Des., Deputy Prof.
600 € *
* VAT-exempt under § 4 Nr. 22a UStG.